Tuesday 17 May 2016

My full name is Anthonia Shodunke, more or less known as 'Tonia’.




Please let’s know you?
My full name is Anthonia Shodunke, more or less known as 'Tonia’.

Can you talk about people or books you have read that have inspired you to embark on your own career?
I have indeed been immensely blessed and inspired musically by several Great people on my journey‎; some of which are Don Moen, Darlene Zschech,  Cece Winans, Yolanda Adams, Kim Burell and so many more.
One of such destiny moulding experiences is the encounter I had, reading the book, \\'Extravagant Worship\\' by Darlene Zschech as far back as April 2004.‎ The truth I came across in that book, started me on this journey. It birthed in me an unquenchable passion in addition to the zeal I already had for the work of the Master with a deep intention to see Him worshipped and extolled across the Globe.

Why did you choose this particular career?
Well, would I say I chose this career or the path chose me? lol‎. Many saw Jesus as the man who didn't like carpentry anymore and as such, ventured into teaching; little did they know that it was the assignment He had been separated unto, even before the World began. What they saw Him do was who He really was all along; so I would say... this is who I am. I am on a mission!

What advice would you give to upcoming authors?
My advice to upcoming authors is that they go all out in the delivery of their talents. You never can tell who is reading and at what point.
Creativity is not a function of man possessing knowledge, it is rather, a function of knowledge possessing man and the spirit form of knowledge is what empowers a man. ‎
Every time you get the opportunity and inspiration to write, think outside the box, see yourself coming up with ideas that span through a life time, Impacting a whole generation and many more yet unborn. Isaiah 9:8 says;
\'The Lord sent a word into Jacob, and it hath lighted upon Israel.\'

What advice would you give to future musicians?
#Smiles. We all look up to God as our inspiration, I would say. I am still working towards perfection with everyday I am privileged to see; but to everyone out there, I would say, no matter what you do, stay glued to the Vine, because everything we desire and everything we aspire to become in life is found in Him. Please don\'t become known simply for the sake of being known, but endeavor to add something of value to the World. Enrich the World with the gift and abilities God has given you. Someday, at the end, the trophies will rust, the accolades will fade and all that will remain is the God you serve and the impact you made.

Questions that would resound are:
- What do you stand for?
- Can you be confident in the person you are becoming?
- Whose life is brighter because you were part of it?

So in all;
Stay connected to God just like you spend time with a friend. If you are disconnected from the gift-giver, you will miss out on the full power and purpose of your dream.
Believe in yourself. You are not the observations others have of you; you are the thoughts you have and the actions you take.‎

‎Endeavor not to sell your morals away, stay true to who you are, be patient and stay faithful while in the process of \'becoming\'. The things you learn and imbibe during this time paves the way for your rising and sustains you even when you have attained your dreams.

Acknowledge God in all your ways and He will direct your paths. Make Him known in everything you do for He deserves all the glory.‎

Psalm 37:4 says;

\'Delight yourself in the Lord and He will give you the desires of your heart.\'‎

What advice would you give to kids today who look up to you as their inspiration?
I could go on and on about that, but simply put, I would say‎ my goal is to be God's mouthpiece and masterpiece; declaring His praise, faithfulness and glory as embedded in His word to the ends of the earth; bringing hope and life to all humanity. In line with that, I nurse a strong passion to see Africa excel, the Youths awaken to responsibility and her dear children nursed to greatness, for in her bossom lie riches, yet untapped.

What are your personal goals/ambitions?
#Smiles.... I will leave it at that for now.‎

 
 How did you overcome your challenges?
‎One of the challenges I would say, is getting started. Many pass on with their music still in them. Why is this so? Too often, it is because they are always \'getting ready to live\'. Before they know it, time runs out. I’ve been there and I know the state. It took me 10yrs from 2004 to actually get out there and get started. I know about the \'Process\', and I know about \'An appointed time for everything\’, but learn to stop making excuses. Why you have not taken that first step does not matter. What matters is that you take that first step NOW!

I know finances can sometimes be a challenge, but by all means, don't put money first. Let passion precede and the provision will follow. I have always believed that where there is a vision, there is a provision. There is a grace I enjoy that gives me a seamless flow through it all; but above all, I have a supportive spouse and adorable kids who make it all so easy for me and for this I am forever grateful and indepted to God.
Share this article

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Copyright © 2016 AKACOMS • All Rights Reserved.
Manage by AKACOMS Web Desginers | Template Design by BTDesigner • Powered by Blogger
back to top